died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Thursday, June 03, 2004

living in Japan.....forever?

After living in Japan for a number of years, I find that when I go home people think I want to spend the rest of my life in Japan. To their credit, I've been interested in Japanese since I was in Junior high. My high school didn't have Japanese, so I thought Chinese would be fun (it wasn't) I went to Japanese camp, etc. Majored in Japanese in college, and now I've been over here for three years.

And to be honest, it has run through my head a few times. There's a lot that I like about this country. Most of which is simply speaking the language.

But enough not speaking to the point. I don't want to spend the rest of my life here, although I suppose I'm open to that happening. I would like to see other parts of the world. I just picked up french after having met a lot of people in my life that speak French and liking it. One was a French Diplomat, and I remember being at his consulate and hearing him speak to his coworkers in French, and thinking it was so cool.

Anyway, I don't plan to use this website as a tool for venting all my personal info. My greater interests are the environment, more specifically energy, more specifically renewable energy and it's role in the future, guaranteeing it's placement in the future. This is the kind of work that I'm looking for at the moment. Something that I would enjoy and would pique the interests of most graduate schools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}