died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Monday, January 17, 2005

snobo

So I went snowboarding this weekend in Niigata. We tried to reserve a bus trip up to some place north, but all the places in Nagano require you to leave the night before, and all the places in Gumma were predicting rain. Anyway we took the shinkansen up to Echigo-yuzawa, a quick 70 minutes, to a place just 15 minutes from that station. Pretty good stuff! Wet snow, which made it a little less fun, but Ishiuchi-maruyama has pretty good skiing. Lots of runs. Even the friend I went with, who grew up and went to college in Switzerland, said that it could compare with there, except for the altitude just being lower.Of course, now my body is...well at least I can walk today. Unlike the road race I ran last year, with no running training for over a year, and had to stay home from work because I couldn't even stand up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}