died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Sunday, January 30, 2005

music music music

Alright Mike, here goes

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

146.1 MB. It's a strange hodgepodge of my roommates CD's, My CD's, and LimeWire stuff, alot of which is crap music from the person who put the software on our computer.


2. The CD you last bought is:

Album: Chopin 24 preludes Nocturens op.27 No.1, etc. (I really wanted to here 'Raindrop' because it's in Kurosawa's 'Dreams'

Single: I have taken the authority to combine this with the download section

Download: Traveler (Kid Loco's Once Upon a TIme in the East Mix) from Cafe del Mar Vol.6

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Mathematics by Telepopmusik (random LImewire download)

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

I like music that can create a landscape without words. I suppose the list is pretty Ambient-heavy:

1)Lux-Northern Lights (from Cafe del Mar vol.7)
Traveler (Kid Loco's Once Upon a TIme in the East Mix)
from Cafe del Mar Vol.6

As the DJ of the Cafe Del Mar intended, this is the ideal groove to watching an Iberian sunset


2)Aphex Twin- Cliffs from Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 (Disc 1)

Because the ephemeral voice in this song reminds me of Munch's ''The voice/summer night" in the that there are somethings that cannot be said no matter how hard you try. It also reminds me of my time in Washington D.C. navigating the Metro and running around the embassies everynight


3)Isan-Lucky Cat-fueled

Because it is able to paint a tapesty of intense almost crushing urbanity


4)Air-Talkie Walkie-Alone in Kyoto

Because it reminds me of not being alone in Kyoto


5)Schubert:Impromptus D.899/935

Can't explain. Just listen, maybe you'll understand


The buck stops here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}