died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

OO 5

My office is directly across the road from the current location of the 文部科学省. I really like where my office is, but every month or so, some group comes to protest something. And the nature of protesting is to be loud. Up until now, my experience has just been the normal groups of students raising their fists saying 反対 (we oppose)! Recently, however, a party of one with a huge truck and PA system attatched parks out front, stands in the back flatbed, and yells at the building.

I don't want to sound apathetic, but just *one* of you? What about strength in numbers?

He then ends his rant with 'thank you very much'. The Japanese are *so* polite!

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Michael said...

They have more-or-less constant protest going on at Oberlin. Mostly it's college kids who don't really know what they're talking about but are there because they want to "stick it to The Man," even if The Man in question was a rock that happened to be centrally located.

One guy in a flatbed is much more appropriate, I think.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Travis said...

When I was that age, I would have joined them in 'sticking it to the rock'. Now I'm too practical (apathetic?). Oh, the days before I realized that I don't know anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}