died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Thursday, February 24, 2005

OO6

Yesterday, I received a phone call from someone from the Irish press. He mentions that an Irish (with a name like Niall Murtagh what else could he be?) drifter (that lived worked at our company is publishing a book about his work experience here.

Now, this passed by my desk a few months ago, and at that time, my supervisor had no idea who he was. Often times, when our US offices send us media coverage from the states it often times isn't related to Mitsubishi ELECTRIC, but to one of the many other Mitsubishi companies (We've only got the name in common, nothing else!)

Now that the media was calling us and asking us (the Irish guy said 'There are not
that many Irish people in Japan (about 1000 I believe) and fewer still who
make any headway beyond English teaching or missionary work'. I don't think that's true for just the Irish ;-)), so I have to respond to this. Through much crafty reserach it turns out that he was an engineer at our reserach lab near Osaka.

My supervisor said something along the lines of 'You'll never be able to get a hold of him', which is more or less true. I can barely get ahold of people in 財務 upstairs. Kansai is just a different world.

Anyway, read the book folks! It's being released in the UK Aprilish.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger llain said...

Thanks, Travis, for giving the book
a mention!

Niall (ex-melco)
www.niallmurtagh.info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}