died in the wool ______

To have no set purpose in one's life is the harlotry of the will -Stephen Mackenna-

Monday, October 25, 2004

Firenze

I went to a great exhibition about Firenze this weekend at one of the many museums in Ueno. Ever since my renaissance art history class in college, I have always loved this statue of Perseus holding medusa's head . One thing that my roommate pointed was how medusa's body is so artistically coiled around the base near persues's feet. It really is amazing.

I just enjoy Florentine art so much in general. The obsession with perspective, etc. I remember the getty has a marvelous section of sculpture The three godesses competing to be the most beautiful. I just stared at these three for quite awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

span.shortpost {display:none;}